Lock and unlock registry

From: "carlos gustavo" <cgcl(dot)comp(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Lock and unlock registry
Date: 2007-11-16 17:32:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

My problem:
1. I have a application accessing Postgres 8.2 using NHibernate 3.
2. Using hibernate I lock a registry using the function '
nhibernate.lockmode.upgradenowait'. Ok, its worked.
3. I remove my ethernet cable and lost the connection with Postgres.
4. The registry I locked before remove the cable, continue locked forever!

Question:
How can Postgres detect the connection lost and remove all locks made by
this connection? It's a configuration in Postgres or have another way to
lock a registry?

Thanks.