Re: postgresql 8.0.1 on solaris 10

From: Mark Round <mark(dot)round(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 8.0.1 on solaris 10
Date: 2005-04-11 08:00:15
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Apr 4, 2005 5:25 PM, Crisan Mircea <mircea(dot)crisan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks to Mark Round, the problem is solved. I just have to symlink
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.5 to /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.4 and
> it all seems to work.

Um, thanks - but this isn't what I suggested doing :)

While symlinking libraries for backwards compatibility reasons may work in
the short term, it can open up a whole can of worms later on. It seems as
though your version of PostgreSQL is linked to an older version of readline
- the best option would be either to downgrade your version of readline
(assuming nothing else on your system is making use of it), or obtain /
build PostgreSQL linked to a newer version of readline.

-Mark