RE: JDBC Driver Trouble on Linux

From: Michael Ansley <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec-telecom-systems(dot)com>
To: "'Klaus Sonnenleiter'" <klaus(dot)sonnenleiter(at)micromuse(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: JDBC Driver Trouble on Linux
Date: 2001-03-16 15:55:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Try unjarring the driver, and then jarring it back up again (making sure all
the directories are correct) but WITHOUT compression.

$ jar -xvf postgresql.jar
$ jar -cv0f postgresql.jar org

The first command should unpack and unj(t)ar the jar file into an org
directory with sub-directories. The second command packs them all up again
with no compression.

This has caused me problems in the past, although I have not gone into it in
any depth, so I haven't identified the exact cause, or even exactly when it
happens.

Let me know...

MikeA

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged and/or copyright
material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its affiliated companies). If you are not an
intended or authorised recipient of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete
it immediately and notify the sender by e-mail. In such a case, reading, reproducing,
printing or further dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Intec Telecom Systems PLC. does not represent or warrant that an attachment hereto is free
from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions expressed in this e-mail and any
attachments may be those of the author and are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom
Systems PLC.