Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig

From: "Mikael Carneholm" <Mikael(dot)Carneholm(at)WirelessCar(dot)com>
To: "Luke Lonergan" <LLonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>,"Kjell Tore Fossbakk" <kjelltore(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig
Date: 2006-07-28 08:46:46
Lists: pgsql-performance
I would be interested in what numbers you would get out of bonnie++
(http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++) and BenchmarkSQL
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/benchmarksql) on that hardware, for
comparison with our DL385 (2xOpteron 280, 16Gb ram) and MSA1500. If you
need help building benchmarksql, I can assist you with that.

Actually, I would be interested if everyone who's reading this that has
a similar machine (2 cpu, dual core opteron) with different storage
systems could send me their bonnie + benchmarksql results!

/Mikael