Re: BUG #2182: Internal account lookup failure:

From: "Peter van der Maas" <peter(at)abitogroup(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #2182: Internal account lookup failure:
Date: 2006-02-06 12:32:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs
After struggling with this same problem for too long, I discovered that
omitting the SERVICEDOMAIN value and letting the installer set it via
default did the trick.

Hope this helps someone else.

-Peter van der Maas

> > The following bug has been logged online:
> >
> > Bug reference:      2182
> > Logged by:          Anantha Prasad
> > Email address:      aprasad ( at ) fs ( dot ) fed ( dot ) us
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2-1
> > Operating system:   Win2000 Prof
> > Details:
> >
> > I had not installed PostGreSQL on this computer before.
> When I use the
> > installer, it gives the foll. message and rolls back the
> installation.
> >
> > "Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between
> account names and
> > security IDs was done."
> >
> > Tried with other user names etc. but cannot proceed.
>
> No idea --- that isn't our error message.

Well, it is from pginstaller. It usually means that the SAM somehow lost
sync. This can happen in a domain environment, haven't seen it anywhere
else. It usually works if you just restart the installation process
having created the user account manually first.

//Magnus

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Andreas ErberDate: 2006-02-06 14:41:39