Interrupted system call and JDBC

From: "Tsuchiya, Mitsy" <Mitsy(dot)Tsuchiya(at)echostar(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Interrupted system call and JDBC
Date: 2000-10-17 15:23:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I've been using Postgres 6.5.2 on RH6.1, with JDBC driver 6.5.2. Often (not
all the time) I get the following messages while executing my program and
I've been trying to figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.

An I/O error occured while reading from backend - Interrupted system call
at postgresql.PG_Stream.ReceiveChar(Compiled Code)
at postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Compiled Code)
at postgresql.jdbc2.Connection.commit(Compiled Code)
at DB.deleteService(Compiled Code)
at Impl.deleteService(Compiled Code)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Compiled Code)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$ Code)
at Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Compiled Code)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Compiled Code)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ Code)
at Code)

I've updated my Postgres server and JDBC to 7.0.2, but seems like the
problem still exists. Is this some bug or I'm missing something I need to do
in my program? Any suggestion will be very appreciated.

Thank you!

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Tony SimopoulosDate: 2000-10-17 15:25:26