Re: Not to start a flame war but what does Oracle have that Postgresql does not?

From: "Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>
To: "LWATCDR" <lwatcdr(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not to start a flame war but what does Oracle have that Postgresql does not?
Date: 2011-03-23 14:12:25
Lists: pgsql-novice
Just 512MB of ram?!

Holy cow!

I've always heard that Oracle has several features and capabilities that
PostGres lacks (and it is infinitely more expensive, too), but I just worked
6 years ago and for a short period with Oracle so
I don't know how to fully answer your question.
But, I believe that Oracle can run a single query in multiple processors,
something that AFAIK PostGres is still unable to (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Best,
Oliveiros