Re: Maximum number of concurrent users

From: Mathias Stjernström <mathias(at)globalinn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Maximum number of concurrent users
Date: 2008-08-04 17:51:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi!

I have no experience running postgreSQL under windows but when reading
the Windows FAQ (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#4.4
)
Its seem like you can get in trouble with some of the libraries that
postgres uses.

Regarding performance it's hard to tell because of all the different
factors like raid type/disk count/type of queries/indexes etc. etc.

But it sounds like the machine is to weak to handle 1000 concurrent
queries.

Best regards,
Mathias Stjernstrom
Weblog at http://www.stjernstrom.se/