Re: Auto vacuum

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <robert(at)omniti(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Auto vacuum
Date: 2007-04-20 17:12:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
Yes, Here's the results table

               name               |  setting  | unit |  category  |

short_desc                                        | ex
tra_desc |  context   | vartype |       source       |  min_val  |
max_val
---------------------------------+-----------+------+------------
+--------------
----+---
---------+------------+---------+--------------------+-----------
+------------
autovacuum                      | on        |      | Autovacuum |
Starts the au
tovacuum
subprocess.                                                        |
          | sighup     | bool    | configuration file |           |
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor | 0.1       |      | Autovacuum |
Number of tup
le inserts, updates or deletes prior to analyze as a fraction of
reltuples. |
          | sighup     | real    | configuration file | 0         | 100
autovacuum_analyze_threshold    | 250       |      | Autovacuum |
Minimum numbe
r of tuple inserts, updates or deletes prior to
analyze.                    |
          | sighup     | integer | configuration file | 0         |
2147483647
autovacuum_freeze_max_age       | 200000000 |      | Autovacuum | Age
at which
to autovacuum a table to prevent transaction ID
wraparound.                 |
          | postmaster | integer | default            | 100000000 |
2000000000
autovacuum_naptime              | 30        | s    | Autovacuum |
Time to sleep
between autovacuum runs, in
seconds.                                       |
          | sighup     | integer | configuration file | 1         |
2147483647
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay    | -1        | ms   | Autovacuum |
Vacuum cost d
elay in milliseconds, for
autovacuum.                                       |
          | sighup     | integer | configuration file | -1        | 1000
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit    | -1        |      | Autovacuum |
Vacuum cost a
mount available before napping, for
autovacuum.                             |
          | sighup     | integer | default            | -1        |
10000
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor  | 0.2       |      | Autovacuum |
Number of tup
le updates or deletes prior to vacuum as a fraction of
reltuples.           |
          | sighup     | real    | configuration file | 0         | 100
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold     | 500       |      | Autovacuum |
Minimum numbe
r of tuple updates or deletes prior to
vacuum.                              |
          | sighup     | integer | configuration file | 0         |
2147483647
(9 rows)

Got lots more data with that command. ;-)

Carol Walter