Moving sequences to another schema

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL-Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Moving sequences to another schema
Date: 2005-06-27 23:43:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm still playing around with the ALTER OBJECT SET SCHEMA stuff. I managed
to alter indexes and constraints as well for tables, but with SERIAL
sequences there is one little problem:

When altering a sequence created by a SERIAL column type (i do this by
examining pg_depend to avoid moving any other sequences that are
'foreign'), i need to recreate the default expression for the SERIAL column
(stored in pg_attrdef.adbin). Is there an API to do that, or do i have to
recreate the executable expression tree from scratch? Or am i missing
something completely...

TIA

--

  Bernd