pg_matlab released

From: PostgreSQL - Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_matlab released
Date: 2011-05-19 12:52:51
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hello everybody,

We are proud to announce the availability of pg_matlab, a module which allows the execution of MATLAB code inside PostgreSQL.
With pg_matlab you can write MATLAB scripts and execute them in compiled form via a daemon.
It is fully based on the freely available MATLAB runtime environment.

Implementation:
In contrast to traditional PL languages pg_matlab is based on a traditional multi-process daemon which executes the code and passes back the data to PostgreSQL. This nicely avoids some issues with the MATLAB runtime which can otherwise threaten the stability of the PostgreSQL instance (see README file).

With pg_matlab it will be possible to integrate existing MATLAB codes with PostgreSQL more easily. This will open the door for ways more sophisticated PostgreSQL server side procedures.

You can download the package freely from our website:
http://www.cybertec.at/en/postgresql_products/pg_matlab-matlab-postgresql-integration

NOTE: Special thanks go to Babak Houman who has come up with the idea of running MATLAB code the way we do it and who pushed this project forward.

Best regards,

Hans-Jürgen Schönig

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH