Re: Enabling connection pooling by default

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enabling connection pooling by default
Date: 2008-10-15 14:43:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Richard,

thank you.

Maybe connection pooling is ODBC driver manager function, not ODBC driver
itself.
In this case ODBC driver manager should have some special setting in
connection string like Driver=
which applies for all drivers.

Why connection pooling is not turned ON by msi installer ?
Maybe there is some command line option or is it possible to write to
registry to turn in on.
I do'nt like the idea to force end users to set this.
How to check whether conn pooling is active and issue warning to user if not
?

Andrus.