Re: xlog related error

From: Bellur Ashwin <bell_ashwin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xlog related error
Date: 2007-04-09 12:38:06
Lists: pgsql-admin
>Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah ( dot ) rajesh ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com>
>wrote:

>> On 4/5/07, Tom Lane <tgl ( at ) sss ( dot ) pgh ( dot ) pa ( dot ) us> wrote:

>> satisfied -- flushed only
>> 1663/10819/16520
>> >
>> > Which PG version exactly?  Has he had any crashes
>> lately?  The message
>> > means that that block contains an LSN that's past
>> the current end of WAL,
>> > which is a pretty suspicious situation.
>> >
>> > The message will go away pretty soon (as soon as
>> another 10K or so of
>> > WAL is generated) but this looks like a symptom of
>> a bug to me.  Details
> > would be good.
> >
>> The person "Ashwin" might contact the list directly.
>> If he does'nt i shall try my best to get the details
>>
>> regds mallah.
>>

>> >                         regards, tom lane
>> >

>> ---------------------------(end of
>> broadcast)---------------------------
>> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>>
>I am using postgres-8.2.3, i have changed my
>postgres.c file, in the function PostgresMain in the
>case P of processing the command so that, whenever i
>see a  word say "tiger" as the first word of the
>query, i will generate 10,000 inserts into a table and
>execute them using exec_simple.

>I will fire one query through jdbc beginning with the
>same word "tiger".
>Here after inserting 5600 inserts i get the above
>ERROR  message.
>Any idea how to succesfully insert all those values.

>Regards,
>Ashwin
I have done pg_restore as i found in some website about this error.
Now i am not getting the error but now my postgres stops after inserting
5600(+/- 50) rows. I cant find out where the problem is

Regards,
Ashwin

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: PankajDate: 2007-04-09 12:51:11
Subject: Installing Postgresql on Windows
Previous:From: s khDate: 2007-04-09 09:38:18
Subject: Ditributed PosgreSQL