Postgres respond after toomany times to a query view

From: Claudia D'amato <claudia(dot)damato(at)allaxia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres respond after toomany times to a query view
Date: 2003-12-16 15:40:03
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi, I am developing a program using postgres and linux like operating
system. My problem is this:
I have a quite complicated view with roughly 10000 record. When I execute a
simple query like this
	"select * from myview"
postgres respond after 50 - 55 minutes roughly. I hope that someone can help
me with some suggestion about reason of this behavior and some solution to
reduce time ti have results. Thank you for your attentions and I hope to
receive some feedback as soon as possible

pgsql-performance by date