Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware

From: Renato Oliveira <renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tino Schwarze <postgresql(at)tisc(dot)de>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Migrate postgres to newer hardware
Date: 2010-03-30 14:51:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

If I use postgres 32 bit will it benefit from the extra memory on the system?

I don't think it will.

Thank you very much

Renato

Renato Oliveira
Systems Administrator
e-mail: renato(dot)oliveira(at)grant(dot)co(dot)uk

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
http://www.grant.co.uk/

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd

Company registered in England, registration number 658133

Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB