Re: BUG #4377: casting result of timeofday() to timestamp fails in some timezones

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "" <tcook(at)blackducksoftware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4377: casting result of timeofday() to timestamp fails in some timezones
Date: 2008-08-26 23:38:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"" <tcook(at)blackducksoftware(dot)com> writes:
> It looks like pg_timezone_abbrevs is missing some entries?

Well, it's intentional that the view not contain *every* abbrev,
since there are conflicts. But I have noticed that the files under
src/timezone/tznames/ seem to be missing some abbreviations that are
in fact known in the zic database. Somebody ought to go through that
info again sometime, first to find any missing abbrevs and second to
see if there are more that we could safely promote into the Default
list. It sounds like a mind-numbingly tedious task though :-(

In the meantime, why aren't you just using clock_timestamp()?
timeofday() is deprecated.