Re: Why do we let CREATE DATABASE reassign encoding?

From: Greg Stark <greg(dot)stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why do we let CREATE DATABASE reassign encoding?
Date: 2009-04-23 18:59:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So it would still be possible to byass this check by cloning a
database into SQL_ASCII and then cloning it into the desired encoding?
Doesn't sound like it really accomplishes much.

I do seem to recall some discussion about this way back. I don't
recall the conclusion but I remember some talk about detecting an
empty template database and the ned to reindex.

--
Greg