how to echo SQL commands in the output of a script

From: Gino Lucrezi <gino-pgadmin(at)lucrezi(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to echo SQL commands in the output of a script
Date: 2004-12-17 12:48:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a number of sql scripts which I execute using psql -f

I can easily redirect the output for logging and archival.
However, psql will only display the result of each SQL statement, and
not the actual SQL statement.
While this is fine for most purposes, sometimes I'd rather have both
the SQL statement and its output on the same file.

Is there a way to have it?

In case I wasn't clear... did you ever do any batch programming under
MS-DOS? I need the equivalent of the ECHO ON command

Thanks in advance

Gino

Gino Lucrezi
Penta Consulting Services Srl