Please help - libpq API

From: "Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)" <Pradeepkumar(dot)Pyatalo(at)honeywell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please help - libpq API
Date: 2005-09-08 06:40:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I have already posted my query regarding libpq functions and wide character
support. Pls somebody help me. I am using libpq API functions in my C code
to do operations on the database. But the problem I m facing is API
functions like PQexec() etc....accept only char * .... but as part of
localization, the queries I want to executed contain chinese characters
which are multibytes. So the queries I want to execute are in wchar_t *
format and PQ exec() accepts only char *. Is there any alternate way to
execute queries having wide characters.

Even if somehow if I convert wchar_t * to char * and provide it to
Postgres, how will it differentiate between chinese characters and normal
characters ??

Please help !!

Regs,
Pradeep