help on automatically running sql files

From: "Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)" <Pradeepkumar(dot)Pyatalo(at)honeywell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help on automatically running sql files
Date: 2004-08-31 07:33:40
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,
For the project that I am working on , we are using Postgresql 7.4.3 on
Linux 7.2. We have all the database tables,triggers and stored procedures as
seperate .sql files which we want to ship as part of our software. Now when
the user installs our software, we need to check if postmaster service is
running or not and if it is running, then we have to run the sql files
automatically. Can anyone help me out on how to run the .sql files
automatically.

> With Best Regards
> Pradeep Kumar P J

pgsql-admin by date