viewing function source code

From: "Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)" <Pradeepkumar(dot)Pyatalo(at)honeywell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: viewing function source code
Date: 2004-08-31 05:54:11
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I am using Postgresql 7.4.3 on Linux 7.2.
In my project i am using many user defined functions. All the functions are
working fine, no problem with the working. I had stored all the functions in
the /home/postgres folder on the linux machine. I used psql -f -filename
-databasename command to run the functions. Last night, I accidentally
deleted the source files from the /home/postgres folder. I dont have the
backup of these functions. However these functions are working fine. Is
there a way to view the sourcecode of the functions from the database.
When I type the command,

eps_db=# \df

it gives the list of all the functions used in the database(eps_db),
arguments passed and the function return type. Is there a way wherein I can
look into the function sourcecode from within the database.

Thanks in advance.

> With Best Regards
> Pradeep Kumar P J

pgsql-novice by date