problem with setting PATH variable

From: "Pradeepkumar, Pyatalo (IE10)" <Pradeepkumar(dot)Pyatalo(at)honeywell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with setting PATH variable
Date: 2004-08-20 04:41:17
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I have installed PostgreSQL 7.4.3 on LINUX 7.2 and some other machines have
LINUX 8.0.
The problem is that every time my machine restarts the postmaster stops...i
have to manually restart the postmaster service....is there any way to
automate the postmaster service. I did follow the steps to automate the
postmaster service given in the following link
http://openacs.org/doc/postgres.html , but that doesnt seem to be working.
However it is working on Linux 7.2 sometimes but sometimes its not. But on
Linux 8.0 version it is not at all working.

Another problem is whenever we login to the postgres session, the path to
psql command is not set. So every time we log into postgres session, we have
to manually set the path in the PATH environment variable. As soon as we
come out of the session, the path is not retained in the PATH
variable....any inputs on this is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

> With Best Regards
> Pradeep Kumar P J

pgsql-admin by date