seeking PITR archive_command advice

From: Ashish Karalkar <ashish_postgre(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: seeking PITR archive_command advice
Date: 2007-04-17 06:46:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello All,

I am trying to set up continues archiving of WAL files.
I have some doubt about the archive command %p and %f parameter.

I am havining all 5/6 WAL files in following directory.

usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog

My questions are

1) what will be the value for %p parameter
will it be
/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog ?

is yes it is giving me following error
cp: omitting directory `/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog/

2)
which file name i should give in place of %f parameter as there are 5/6 files already?

Thanks in Advance

With Regards
Ashish Karalkar