Re: bug in join?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug in join?
Date: 2002-01-02 22:36:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com> writes:
> Will keep trying.  I also noticed that several triggers were dropped when I
> dropped the table. I need to add these back and see if they make a
> difference.

No, join_selectivity isn't going to care about triggers.  What's failing
is the estimation of the fraction of rows that will match on address
between the two tables (join_selectivity is rejecting the result as
obviously bogus, which it is).  That doesn't depend on anything except
the ANALYZE statistics.