Re: bug in join?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug in join?
Date: 2002-01-02 22:29:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com> writes:
> I will keep trying to recreate it for you.

You could just try

	analyze b;
	analyze d;
	explain select * from b,d where b.address = d.address;

and repeat until you see the error from EXPLAIN.  Since ANALYZE takes
a random sampling these days, successive loops will in fact produce
slightly different results, and you may be able to recreate the
erroneous state eventually.

The math in eqjoinsel() is not entirely trivial, but I thought I had
convinced myself it was okay.  I need to see a failing example to
figure out what's wrong with it.