PGConnection (LargeObject) / JNDI Tomcat Issue

From: Marc SCHNEIDER <marco_2025(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGConnection (LargeObject) / JNDI Tomcat Issue
Date: 2006-01-18 16:56:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I have trouble to get Tomcat and JDBC work with LargeObject.

I am using JNDI for database access

<Resource name="jdbc/aguila" auth="Container" type="java.sql.DataSource"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/aguila">
<parameter>
<name>factory</name>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>driverClassName</name>
<value>org.postgresql.Driver</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>url</name>
<value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/intradev</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>username</name>
<value>myuser</value>
</parameter>
<parameter>
<name>password</name>
<value>mypass</value>
</parameter>
</ResourceParams>

Here is my code :

LargeObjectManager lom = ((org.postgresql.PGConnection)this.connection).getLargeObjectAPI();

I get the following error :

java.lang.ClassCastException
This is because the connection is an instance of org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
and I'm trying to get a org.postgresql.PGConnection connection.

I saw on the web that people used org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3ObjectFactory but this class is available with jdbc 7.x drivers only.

I tried to use the org.postgresql.ds.common.PGObjectFactory class but when I connect to the database I get the following error :
"no PostgreSQL user name specified in startup packet"

Here is my config :
DB : PostgreSQL 8.0
Driver jdbc : postgresql-8.0-312.jdbc3.jar
Java Server : Tomcat 5.0.28
Os : Win XP

Any idea ???

Regards,
Marc SCHNEIDER.
Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!