Re: Big Picture

From: Erik Price <erikprice(at)mac(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Big Picture
Date: 2002-10-22 22:56:12
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 01:03  PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Persuasive?

Absolutely.  It has pointed out the biggest hole in my programming
knowledge: incorporating application logic into the database.  MySQL +
PHP made sense to me, because I used PHP to do all of my
decision-making and MySQL as a place to temporarily or permanently
store data.  It worked great.  But it does have the vulnerabilities
that you mention in your post.  I'd like to learn more about writing
applications that don't have those kinds of vulnerabilities (even if
MySQL + PHP does the job just fine, it's for the sake of learning).
Does anyone recommend a book or resource on putting more business/app
logic into the DB?

Thanks,

Erik

--
Erik Price                                   (zombies roam)

email: erikprice(at)mac(dot)com
jabber: erikprice(at)jabber(dot)org