Re: SunOS4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SunOS4
Date: 2001-02-27 19:13:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> I have committed massive changes for SunOS4 port. Tested on:
> SunOS 4.1.4
> Vine Linux 2.1 (variant of RedHat Linux 6.2J)
> FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE
> Please let me know if I have broken something.

Everything still builds and passes regression on HPUX, but I concur with
Peter that the HAVE_OPTARG configure stuff must be unnecessary.  Please
observe that
	src/backend/bootstrap/bootstrap.c
	src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c
	src/backend/tcop/postgres.c
	src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c
	src/bin/psql/startup.c
	src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/ecpg.c
all seem to be getting along fine with no configure test.  There are
also a bunch of contrib modules that use optarg, and would also need
to be changed if you want to apply a configure test.

I suggest reverting the configure and config.h changes and instead
making pg_restore and pg_id follow the coding practices used in the
above-mentioned files for optarg.