Re: Posting streaming PUG to www events?

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Posting streaming PUG to www events?
Date: 2011-08-10 19:45:32
Lists: pgsql-www
Well, normally we wouldn't have a www events notice for live SFPUG meetings, since they're very local and thus not of interest to 99% of www traffic.

However, streaming them means that people can participate from around the world, if they want (we've had audience from china before). However, they have to know about it.

The alternative is posting to pgsql-general every month.  I think the events feed makes more sense.  And, yes, I'm talking about individual posts which include topic, speaker, etc.

--Josh Berkus