Re: Postgre Protocol

From: Greg <grigorey(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgre Protocol
Date: 2010-06-28 22:01:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Tom, thanks for the quick reply. I've looked at the break points and you are right there are 7 more bytes with data send with AuthenticationOk message, so I think thats what I need to look at :) (Im sure this is just a confirmation that everything is ok).

May I ask, sequence of bytes after the AuthenticationOk messages is: 0080003; Is this sequence represent BackendKeyData or values for Authentication*** status codes, or Im completely worng and it is realy nothing but confirmation for a frontend how the database applied options passed with start-up packet?

Thanks!
Greg.