disused indexes and performance?

From: Elisa <elisa(dot)derickson(at)shoutlet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: disused indexes and performance?
Date: 2011-10-19 15:24:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

I recently ran a query against our production database and saw several
disused indexes. Is there a performance harm in having disused
indexes out there?

Of course, I will be checking our code base and with developers to
ensure that these indexes aren't being used programmatically to
prevent redundant inserts and the like. ..