Re: Vá: Va: [BUGS] Va: [BUGS] Bug #519: Bug in order b y clausule

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sandor(dot)Vig(at)audi(dot)hu
Cc: sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vá: Va: [BUGS] Va: [BUGS] Bug #519: Bug in order b y clausule
Date: 2001-11-30 15:01:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Sandor(dot)Vig(at)audi(dot)hu writes:
> 	All Hungarian -and other non standard ANSI- users should expect
> 	"order by problems" due the locale settings.?

As far as I can see, this is *not* a Postgres bug.  If you don't like
the sort order specified by your locale file, you need to choose another
locale file.  We're just doing what the locale file says to do.

Depending on what it is you want from the locale features, you might be
able to get the right effect with some combination like LC_COLLATE=C
and LC_CTYPE=hu_HU.  Or maybe you should just recompile Postgres with
locale support turned off.