Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

From: Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date: 2005-04-20 08:55:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 4/19/05, Mohan, Ross <RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com> wrote:
> Clustered file systems is the first/best example that
> comes to mind. Host A and Host B can both request from diskfarm, eg.

Something like a Global File System?

http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/

(I believe some other company did develop it some time in the past;
hmm, probably the guys doing LVM stuff?).

Anyway the idea is that two machines have same filesystem mounted and
they share it. The locking I believe is handled by communication
between computers using "host to host" SCSI commands.

I never used it, I've only heard about it from a friend who used to
work with it in CERN.

Regards,
Dawid