Re: passing user defined data types to stored procedures

From: "Jay Howard" <jhoward(at)alumni(dot)utexas(dot)net>
To: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: passing user defined data types to stored procedures
Date: 2008-11-15 17:43:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Interesting.  I did some experimenting with this last night, and it led to a
followup question:

Is it possible to return (and pass) arrays using java.sql.Array?

I wrote a test proc that returns an array of integers.  I can retrieve it on
the java side as a Jdbc3Array, which implements java.sql.Array.

Unfortunately, getArray() (and its variants) seem not to have been
implemented yet by Jdbc3Array.

Any way to pass arrays back and forth?  I could always have the proc return
a refcursor and handle it in Java as a ResultSet, but I was looking for a
convenient way to avoid that.