Creating functions with pgAdmin III

From: Ian Freislich <ianf(at)za(dot)uu(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Creating functions with pgAdmin III
Date: 2003-12-05 09:54:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem before. I
couldn't find any reference to this on the list archives or FAQ.

I can't find the pseudo-type RECORD in the drop-down list of return
types so it is impossible to create functions like "CREATE OR REPLACE
FUNCTION foo (TEXT) RETURNS SET OF RECORD AS..." using the gui.

Currently I have to work around this by manually creating the
function shell from psql or using the query editor and then editing
the function body using pgAdmin.

I've tried pgAdmin 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 against postgreSQL-7.2.3, 7.3.3,
7.3.4 and 7.4 but none of the combinations work.

BTW, this is a _great_ tool which has helped our sysadmins and
junior developers quickly and easily administer, grasp the structure
of our databases and develop their own schemas.

Any ideas?

Ian