From: Sumeet <asumeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-08-29 16:44:28
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi All,

I'm having very strange problems with indexing, I have a large number of
partial indexes, when i try to run some queries sometimes the queries run
very fast and sometimes they are 100times slower than what i ran
before.....I tried running vacuum analyze couple of times and it dint help
me at all. Also i tried the explain analyze and what i found was the query
execution plan keeps on changes. Is there any better way to gain control
over these, I tried turning seqscan off, and messing with some other
parameters but dint really help. Also can somebody point me out to links
which explains more about query execution plans..i.e. each of parameters
like bitmap heap scan, index scan....etc...

--
Thanks,
Sumeet

  • Re: at 2006-08-29 17:40:58 from Andrew Sullivan

pgsql-sql by date