DBA position at CashNetUSA

From: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBA position at CashNetUSA
Date: 2008-06-03 00:58:44
Lists: pgsql-jobs

I'll save everyone the standard HR-speak; descriptions are my opinion
and mine alone. :)

We're looking for an administrator. There would be some development
in the form of admin tools, etc.

CashNet is a company that's going through the start-up to "larger
corporate entity" phase. The environment is very dynamic and laid
back. We're working on improving our tools and processes to make our
life easier, and reduce the need for late nights, etc. We're not
perfect, but it's definitely not an environment where you'll find
everyone burning the midnight oil (except for those who prefer to
come in late and stay late).

Full info at http://www.cashnetusa.com/jobs.html, here's the highlights:

* Location: Chicago, IL

Responsibilities:
• Monitor production environment for performance and stability issues
• Analyze, recommend, and implement configuration and hardware changes
• Work with database architect and development team to improve
database design
• Implement and maintain replication using Londiste
• Maintain PITR-based backup strategy
• Work with IT to ensure a high-availability environment
• Design, plan, and implement monitoring tools for usage by Operations
• Provide tier 2 support to Operations
Requirements:
• 5+ years of database administration including maintenance, schema
and query design, and performance optimization
• Experience with high availability and load environments with large
data volumes at multiple locations
• Experience implementing and maintaining managed production
environments
• Experience with Londiste is a plus
• Experience with partitioned tables is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Scripting in languages such as bash, Perl, Ruby
• Programming in PL/pgSQL
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Environment:
• PostgreSQL database on Linux
• Ruby/Rails web apps
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect decibel(at)decibel(dot)org