Debugging PostgreSql queries

From: Vaduvoiu Tiberiu <vaduvoiutibi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debugging PostgreSql queries
Date: 2010-11-18 07:25:28
Lists: pgsql-novice
Long story short, I have a huge query in the application that throws the errror:
"CASE types bigint and character varying cannot be matched ". I ran this query in pgAdmin, in phpPgAdmin, I only get the error but have no clue where the error actually is thrown. In mysql most of the time you get a "on line X" message in the error that can help you determine where the problem is. However in my case, since I didn't create the query( so I don't know the tables, fields, etc) and the query is very big, is there a way to find out where exactly where is this query thrown or do I have to manually start searching?

10x a lot

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Matthew WaldenDate: 2010-11-18 09:06:34