Insertion Deferrable

From: 杨邕 <yayooo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Insertion Deferrable
Date: 2004-10-29 07:26:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs
You told me restricted foreign key cannot deferable in PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 4.

	* doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml, doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table.sgml,
	  src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c, src/backend/commands/trigger.c:
	  Disallow referential integrity actions from being deferred; only
	  the NO ACTION check is deferrable.  This seems to be a closer
	  approximation to what the SQL spec says than what we were doing
	  before, and it prevents some anomalous behaviors that are
	  possible now that triggers can fire during the execution of PL
	  functions.  Stephan Szabo.

Take this test...
Restricted foreign key allows insertion deferrable,
And rejects deletion deferrable.

Why it is not symmetrical ?

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Igor AzarnyDate: 2004-10-29 08:42:23