Re: v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations?

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-testers <pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: v9 beta 2 - Build on Solaris SPARC - links to two different libxml2 implementations?
Date: 2010-06-09 01:50:58
Lists: pgsql-testers
Josh,

Yup, that was it. Now, with libxslt installed into /usr/local/lib, everything works great. ldd reports only one reference to each of libxml and libxslt, and the compile is nice and smooth... Hope at least this journey may help someone else.

# ldd src/backend/postgres
libxslt.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libxslt.so.1
libxml2.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2

Meanwhile, it might be nice to have a syntax to hard wire specific library options, especially if available as an [=/path] option to the --with-<feature> directives. There may be occasions to do much more intricate specification of configuration (such as we were doing with our custom SSL builds).

Thanks for your help.

Lou Picciano