Re: Porting to Haiku

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mark Hellegers" <mhellege(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Porting to Haiku
Date: 2013-01-11 22:45:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Mark Hellegers" <mhellege(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
>> You might want to look into whether you can get the buildfarm script
>> to run before you go too far.

> I will check that this weekend. Thanks.
> Does this buildfarm member need to run continuously?

Once a day is sufficient if that's all you can manage, though several
times a day is nicer.

> I just did a quick check of my changes and the changes seem minor.

Yeah, as Andrew remarked, it shouldn't be that hard given that the code
used to run on BeOS. You should check the commits around where that
support was removed, if you didn't already.

> I also found (I think) two places where the implementation of a
> function contained slightly different parameters from the declaration
> which breaks on Haiku as an int is not the same as int32 (see src/
> backend/catalog/dependency.c function deleteOneObject for one of
> those).

This is the sort of thing that gets noticed much quicker if there's a
buildfarm member that complains about it ...