Re: UNION support for rules

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alex Verstak" <averstak(at)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UNION support for rules
Date: 2000-04-12 18:10:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Alex Verstak" <averstak(at)vt(dot)edu> writes:
> Is UNION support for rules/views planned any time soon?

It should work after we do the planned querytree restructuring, which
according to latest discussions by the core group will probably happen
for 7.2, which might be out around the end of the year. (We're hoping
to get back to a shorter release cycle --- 6.5 to 7.0 was too long.
But that means less stuff done per release, and there are other things
that seem more urgent for 7.1.)