Postgresql fails to start?

From: Dianne Yumul <dianne(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql fails to start?
Date: 2005-06-06 22:24:35
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello list,

We have Fedora Core 4 Test 3 installed on a development box and just
recently installed Postgresql 8.0.3. Sometimes, when starting
postgresql with the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql script, it gives me the

/usr/bin/chcon: can't apply partial context to unlabeled file

Sometimes it is followed by the OK message (postgresql started OK), and
sometimes by the FAILED message. But either way, when you do a ps aux |
grep postmaster it shows postmaster is running.

I googled and found that it is related to SELinux, but I already have
it disabled and even passed selinux=0 to the kernel via grub.conf. Am I
missing something? Sorry, but I'm very new to this SELinux stuff and
was hoping will get help here from you gurus before asking the SELinux

Thank you so much.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Matthew T. O'ConnorDate: 2005-06-07 00:33:26