Win2000 and postgresql

From: "Smith, David (DMSMITH)" <DMSMITH(at)arinc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Win2000 and postgresql
Date: 2001-10-10 17:19:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am trying to get PostgreSQL to work on Windows 2000. I have
compiled the dll's and the psql.exe using nmake. I can run initdb,
postmaster, and ipc-daemon from cygwin, but I want to try running everything
natively in win2k.
I try running the postmaster from cygwin and connecting to it using
the psql.exe built by windows, but I get the following error:
C:\POST2K\POSTGR~1.3\SRC\BIN\PSQL\RELEASE\PSQL.EXE: connectDBStart()
-- socket()
failed: errno=0
No error

Does anyone have any suggestions?