Re: V8.3 fails to start after unremming hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'

From: "Alan Deane" <alan(at)anitltd(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Chris'" <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: V8.3 fails to start after unremming hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'
Date: 2009-07-30 01:14:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry, yes the error, Doh!.

Standard Server doesn't Listen (sounds like my ex :))

Here it is in full.

Server doesn't listen

could not connect to server; Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the
server running on host 192.168.2.99 and accepting TCP/IP connection on port
5432?

As you say, the config looks OK. Very frustrating.

Cheers,
Alan.