Re: Cannot read block error.

From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort(at)tmwsystems(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot read block error.
Date: 2004-02-15 04:58:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Interesting, when I went to copy my data directory out of the way, I
> received this from cp:
>
> cp: data/base/16976/17840: Result too large
>
> might be a clue

I don't think it's PostgreSQL. I would suggest unmounting the volume and
running fsck (or the equivalent for your environment.)

If it's a volumne you can't unmount while the system is running, but you are
running Linux, you could boot a LiveCD distribution of some sort (Gentoo,
Knoppix, and others) and fsck the partition from there.