unlock / drop table

From: "Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unlock / drop table
Date: 2002-09-26 16:41:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Howdy:

Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10.

I got a few people trying to drop tables; right now,
there is a lock on them and I want to kill that person's
lock and have the table dropped.

How can I:

a) find out who is locking the table (other than Postgres)

b) should I kill the pid of the LOCK so the table
can continue it course or will that hurt something else
(particularly the database)?

Thanks!

-X