psql and HTML

From: "Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql and HTML
Date: 2001-10-29 15:40:37
Lists: pgsql-general
Howdy:

Running postgres 7 on Linux server (Mandrake 8) and
I'm trying to create a dynamic HTML page with the
list of tables I have.

If I do something like this in a perl script:

[snip]

$list = `/usr/bin/psql -H -d database -U user -c "\\d+"`;
print $list;

[/snip]

I get a page with the list of tables, no problem.
What I WANT to do is modify the HTML tags so that
each table in the list is highlighted and is an anchored
reference to someplace else.  (That someplace else will
be another page giving the user some background info
on the table, the owner, the description, what it's
used for, etc).

I'm thinking that there is a way to modify it (or at least,
try to substitute what postgres creates, modify the HTML
part and input the list of tables again) via postgres,
but I'm not sure.

Has anyone done something like that?  Are there any HTML
examples via postgres?

TIA

-X

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Andy HallamDate: 2001-10-29 16:13:19