Re: Not receiving ml posts

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not receiving ml posts
Date: 2006-11-16 13:41:58
Lists: pgsql-www

- --On Thursday, November 16, 2006 05:06:25 -0800 "Joshua D. Drake"
<jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net> writes:
>>> The number of posts I've been receiving from the pgsql mailing lists
>>> I'm on has significantly dropped off.
>> In the same line --- Elein told me yesterday that she's been bounced
>> from all the PG mailing lists.  What's going on there?
> I can confirm this as well. I have had really odd reception from the lists.
> Elein also emailed me and
> asked if the mailing lists had changed :(

'k, in Michael's case, it was a DNS issue ... he hosts some domains with us,
and had added as a virtual host, but the dns wasn't supposed to
be added ... so, all his email was being delivered to the 'local servers',
instead of where it should be going ... he's fixed, and has downloaded all the
email from his  machine here ...

In Elein's case, its a network issue that Magnus has confirmed that he's seeing
from various locations as well ... nothing I can do about that one ...

In your case ... no clue.  I see nothing on our end to indicate a problem with
any of the addresses (in Elein's case, I found a bunch of
'bounce detected' messages ... I get *zero* for ... So,
need a bit more detail from you on what you are/aren't seeing ... missing
messages, or just slow delivery, or ... ?

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org                              MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype:        ICQ . 7615664
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (FreeBSD)