Re: E-mail harvesting on PG lists?

From: Ian Harding <harding(dot)ian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: E-mail harvesting on PG lists?
Date: 2006-01-09 16:04:57
Lists: pgsql-general
On 1/8/06, Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com> wrote:
> Carlos Moreno wrote:
>
> > Any comments?   If it is the first option above, then it feels like
> > by definition there is absolutely nothing that can be done, now or
> > ever  :-(
>
> I got an IMAP account with BurntMail.com.  I belong to a dozen mailing
> lists, and haven't received any spam since getting the email account.
> They obviously do aggressive spam filtering, but as far as I know I'm
> getting all the email I should.  An option to consider...

I use Gmail which promises I will never run out of room, can tag
messages and bypass the inbox, and has a very good spam filter.
Searching is obviously pretty good too.

I noticed I got about 5 - 10 spam emails within MINUTES of each post
before I switched to Gmail, I'm sure I still do, I just don't see
them.